Page not found | Welcome to

12/13 Match Reports

13th April
Eastbourne Rangers 5 v 0 Iden II
Ben Jesson 8', 10', 17'
Rob Anderson 45'
Jamie Strong 52'

Rangers faced the task of securing not three, but six points this week in a double header away at Iden II. Gaffer Nick Stevenson had a few notable absentees with Mark Hymans and Tom Tribe injured while Ryan Webb had work commitments. With Stuart Potter and Conor Middleton facing fitness tests on arrival, this potentially left rangers a little light on numbers. Fortunately, Jamie Strong was available again which meant rangers had at least 13 fully fit rangers at the start of the afternoon.

Match one saw just two changes to the starting XI that faced Little Chelsea with Ricky Curran coming in at left back for Webb while Luke Davies was given the nod to partner Ben Jesson up front ahead of Glen Noble. Noble along with Potter, Middleton and Strong made up the rangers bench.

Iden started off the game with just 10 men and before they were up to 11, rangers had already done severe damage by smashing in three goals courtesy of the little magician, Jesson. The opening goal of the game was quite sublime; a deep cross from the rangers right hand sound found Davies at the back post who headed clinically back across the goal. Jesson then had the easy task of nodding home to set rangers on their way. Moments later, Jesson added his and rangers second when Josh Kyte provided the pass to the rangers top scorer who happily helped himself to his 28th league goal of the season.

Midway way through the first half, Jesson secured his SIXTH hatrick of the season. A scuffed goal kick from the Iden keeper found Davies just inside the Iden half. Davies supplied a cushioned pass into the path of Jesson who kept his head to score rangers third who were now clearly in cruise control. Shortly after, Iden had an eleventh man on the field but by now, rangers were in full flow and were playing some delightful football in treacherous conditions, with no chance of the heavy rain letting up.

Half time, 3-0 rangers. A change at the break saw Noble replace Dan Harmer which saw a reshuffle of the rangers pack with Christian Ward moving to full back, Rob Anderson moving to centre midfield and skipper Dave Bennett- Tomlin move to centre half which allowed Potter to take up position on the right wing.

Rangers continued to make chances and were never in any danger of letting this game slip away. Iden threatened rarely, and even when rangers had a defensive lapse early in the second half, Bennett-Tomlin was on hand to make a superb last ditch tackle. Further changes saw Potter replace Kyte and Strong replace Jesson as it was quickly apparent that this game was in the bag.

With 15 minutes left on the clock, Noble burst through on goal only to see his initial shot saved. Noble, not to be deterred, regained possession of the ball and laid a pass across of the six yard box where Anderson expertly "chipped" the keeper to give rangers a four goal lead.

With 8 minutes left, Strong opened up his rangers account with a clinical finish. Noble burst down the left flank and slid a ball square to Strong on the edge of the area who finished first time, hard and low to the keepers right. Clinical finishing.

5-0 was the final scoreline and this was no less than rangers deserved with everyone exceptional for the entire game. MOM was awarded to Rob Anderson who scrapped away for the full 60 minutes, especially when he was moved to centre midfield. Anderson just shades out Davies who had an outstanding game up front, holding the ball up and bringing others into play for the duration of the game.


GK Grant Smith
RB Rob Anderson - MOM
LB Ricky Curran
CB Dan Harmer (Glen Noble 30')
CB Mike Pickard
CM Dave Bennett-Tomlin (c)
CM Julian Waters
RW Christian Ward
LW Josh Kyte (Stuart Potter 45')
F Ben Jesson (Jamie Strong 50')
F Glen Noble
Page not found | Welcome to