Double Joy For Rangers.

Full time results……

Crawley Devils 2-3 Eastbourne Rangers MSFL.

The Rangers MSFL team put in an excellent display against Crawley Devils to come away with three crucial league points in Division Two.

After a fairly even first 25 minutes Rangers went a goal behind, a result of some lax defending, firstly allowing a cross into the box from the left and secondly for leaving the dangerous number 10 free to head home giving Martin Bell no chance in the Rangers goal.

Shortly after the restart a corner from Julian Waters was headed goalwards by Luke Davies only for Glen Noble to intercept and score with a shot on the turn from 5 yards out. Three minutes later another Waters corner was met at the near post by Noble who headed home clinically for his second of the game.

Rangers maintained their lead thanks to an amazing clearance off the line from Aaron Saunders after Martin Bell had been beaten. On 60 minutes the home side got back on level terms but Rangers were not to be denied with Noble finishing off a great move to complete his hatrick.

Noble thought he had got his forth 10 minutes later with a brilliant volley but was ruled offside. Rangers had a scare late on when Kyle Daines looked to have brought down the Devils striker in the box but the referee waved away the appeals from the home side.

A great win against a team that had led the division early on in the season and it sees Rangers move up to 6th in the league.

The Old Dave’s Gourmet Burger Co MOM was awarded to Glen Noble.

Eastbourne Rangers ESFL 3-1 Robertsbridge United

The Rangers ESFL team put in a dominant display against Robertsbridge United to ensure they stretched their league unbeaten run to 6 games.

Rangers were on the front foot from kick off and could well have had two goals in the opening exchanges only for Dan Wilkes to fire at the keeper and Matt Haydock over the bar.

Rangers, despite all of their early dominance, found themselves frustratingly a goal down after a mistake invited a period of pressure from the the away side which saw the United striker finish clinically from 6 yards.

Rangers responded by still troubling United at every available opportunity with Wilkes in particular looking extremely dangerous down the right flank. More chances went begging before Matt Haydock was fouled 30 yards from goal. Up stepped Luke Regan who fired over the wall and high into the top corner to bring Rangers deservedly on level terms, a goal of the season contender for aure.

It could have been so much better at the break after Josh Harris was chopped down in the area with one minute remaining but the usually dependable Tony Russell hit the post with the resulting penalty kick….. all square the interval.

Half time saw very little change with regards to tactics, Rangers had been well and truly on top and felt they could win the game.

Rangers almost scored from the restart without United touching the ball but Wilkes somehow fired over the bar from a left wing centre. But not to be deterred, Wilkes gave Rangers the lead on 59 minutes after he beat the keeper from 14 yards out after his excellent first touch from Charlie Shearings exquisite cross field pass took him away from the attending defender.

Rangers had a few scares at the back mainly failing to deal with United’s predicable direct approach but the clear cut chances continued to be made by Rangers who knew they needed another goal to kill the game off.

And in the 92nd minute, Rangers got there reward when substitute Kent Meier squared the ball up to the on rushing (and fellow substitute) Ben Courtnage who made no mistake with the finish to give Rangers a well deserved win.

An excellent result from Rangers who showed great character and determination to come from behind for the third game in succession.

The Old Dave’s Gourmet Burger Co MOM was awarded to Luke Regan, with Dan Wilkes and Lee Chapman coming close.

Top work to both teams.

Our thanks to sponsors Abacus Flame, Koly Scaffold and Sanders Property Management.

Pictured – Hatrick hero Glen Noble